A marriage of Champagne and gourmet food at D.O.Mar
On Wednesday 12th December I had the good fortune of being invited to a very select gathering at the exclusive D.O.Mar restaurant on Marbella’s Golden Mile. Entitled ‘5 Estrellas, 4 Manos’, it proved to be a heavenly blend of gourmet cooking by Oscar Velasco and Paolo Casagrande – who between them have five Michelin stars – and the exquisite Champagne of our client, VIP Wine Services.
Alex, the founder of VIP Wine Services, contributed the gorgeous Louis Dubosquet 2008 and 2005 Blanc de Blancs vintages to this wonderful event, which saw the talents of Oscar Velasco, two Michelin-star chef of Santceloni in Madrid and also lead chef of D.O.Mar in Marbella, join forces with Paolo Casagrande, three-star chef of Lasarte Restaurant in Barcelona.
Their four hands, five Michelin stars and indeed the kitchen team at D.O.Mar produced a feast of epic proportions accompanied by the golden nectar of Louis Dubosquet Champagne by VIP Wine Services. The venue, Restaurante D.O.Mar, provided the perfect setting and ambience for such an evening, where a memorable menu de degustation was served.
From the menu:
- A salad of mackerel, cauliflower, apple jelly and caviar – from Santceloni
- Calamari tartare with runny egg yolk and a lime and onion consommé – (Lasarte)
- Oriental style grilled crayfish served on lettuce beds (Santceloni)
- Wagyu and glazed eel ravioli with iodized foam, horseradish and caviar (Lasarte)
- King fish with crustacean sauce, crab, raw tomato and saffron (Lasarte)
- Shoulder of kid braised with chestnuts (Santceloni)
- Crisp carrot sorbet with a touch of ginger (Santceloni)
- Cocoa, fermented black garlic, beetroot and Muscovado sugar (Lasarte)
- Petits Fours (D.O. Mar)
More of these exciting initiatives will bring a celebration of the finest Champagnes, wines, dishes and also noble ingredients such as cheese, mushrooms and truffles to these shores, so keep an eye on D.O.Mar and VIP Wine Services for the finer things in life.
Photo Courtesy of VIP Wine Services and D.O.Mar