Do these 5 fundamental SEO techniques to get the most out of your website
You can have the best website in the world, gorgeous to look at, quick and responsive to use, engaging, entertaining content – but if no-one is visiting it, you may as well be shouting into the wind.
That’s why your website needs Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). This is the process of optimising a website so that when people – potential clients – search for your products or services, your website is visible and appears high up in the rankings in search engine results pages. The more attractive to search engines your website is, the higher it appears in the ranking and the more organic traffic it attracts – and the more potential clients see your virtual shop window.
Here are our top five tips for optimising your SEO results:
- Keyword research:A keyword is one of the many tools Google uses to rank websites in their search engine. Understanding the keywords that your target audience is searching for is critical for optimising your website, so Google can show them your website higher in their search ranking than your competitors. Once you have researched what keywords are most relevant to your potential client’s searches, they can be employed strategically in content and metatags.
- On-page optimisation: Ensure that your website is optimised for search engines by including the keywords you have previously researched in your title tags, meta descriptions, header tags, and content. Making your website as user-friendly as possible, quick and easy to navigate and with a clear structure helps.
- Link building: By building links to your website, it signals to Google that your website content is considered relevant and valuable, acting as a virtual vote of confidence from other websites. The more high-quality, relevant links, or backlinks as they are also called, the more authoritative your site is considered and the higher it will appear in the rankings.
- Mobile optimisation: This may seem obvious, however there are still a surprising number of websites that are almost impossible to navigate on a mobile phone. With the smartphone practically ubiquitous, it is essential that your website is just as easy to navigate on the go as it is on a computer screen.
- Content creation: Again, this may seem obvious, but creating high-quality, original content that your potential customers will want to read is key to optimising your SEO results. Keeping it relevant, offering value to readers and ensuring that it is regularly updated with new content will not only attract new customers but continue to engage existing customers.
Using all these techniques, as well as a raft of others, can help to make your website stand out to the Google algorithms and propel your website up the search engine rankings, increasing visibility to your potential clients. Manifesto Design has dedicated SEO experts who constantly monitor Google’s ever-changing algorithms and can keep your website rising up the search ranks. We are happy to conduct a free website analysis and see where we can help improve your SEO optimisation.
Contact us to arrange an appointment.