How to grow your business with content
First things first, what actually is content marketing? Well, content marketing is the creation and sharing of information that is both relevant to your company and seen as valuable by customers. The difference between this form of marketing and traditional marketing is that content marketing indirectly builds interest in your company, brand or products as opposed to explicitly promoting a particular product or service.
If your company is not using proper content marketing strategies, you are missing out on a fresh opportunity to grow your brand.
We have successfully used content marketing to grow our own and many clients’ traffic to their websites since we first started many years ago. Here are some key steps we have come up with through our experience that are sure to help.
- The first one is to devise a strategy that entails your set mission and goals, your target audience / key demographic and the methods by which you reach your potential prospects.
- Your mission statement should cover what your audience will get from your content marketing. Once you set goals, for example, increase site traffic or improve search ranking, it will help focus your resources and organise your time.
- Being clear on your audience is extremely useful as you can more accurately create the right content to reach them. Using web analytics, social media analytics and email subscriber analytics you can find the data you need, such as age, gender, socio economic group, etc…
- It also important to think about the type of content you should create. Blog posts are at the core of content strategy for many businesses and are a great way to publish new information consistently. But also bear in mind the seasonality of content when writing blog posts. It’s a great way to capture more customer attention during times such as Christmas.
- Most successful content marketing strategies rely on having the central core of content published on your own website, which can then be repurposed and shared on other sites and social medias.
- Finally, it’s time to access the success of your content marketing strategy. For this you will need to refer back to your goals that were set earlier and see if or how close you are to achieving them. By monitoring your progress, you’ll be able to tweak your content marketing strategy at regular intervals, so it’s always up to date.
Using these tips will help you build a successful content marketing strategy that is sure to take your business to the next level.
Go to our Newsdesk for all of our previous blogs and check out our content strategy for yourself!
– William Lee –